Organic European Linen Pillowcases (2) | Fugle
All deliveries are carbon neutral
What's Included & How It's Made:
- Includes two pillowcases.
- Made from the finest 100% organic Belgian, French and Dutch flax linen. Unparalleled quality.
- Garment washed for exquisite softness and comfort right out of the box.
- Woven and hand-sewn in Portugal by craftspeople.
- GOTS®, OEKO-TEX® 100 Class 1, and European Flax® certified.
Wake up to the chirps and twitter of Scandinavian birds. Our Fugle (Danish for "birds") design is inspired by the lively and colorful birds offering their music and splendor to Nordic nature. Our beloved Friluftsliv lifestyle wouldn't be the same without them and now you can enjoy all their beauty while you drift off to sleep and when you wake up refreshed in the morning. It's a wonderful way to invite Scandinavian nature into your bedroom and celebrate our feathered friends.
- Feel the soft caress of our garment-washed, pure European linen made from only the finest organic French, Dutch, and Belgian flax. The best part is that they get even softer with washing and age!
- Naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial, Modern Dane bedding is a great choice for sensitive skin. And our pillowcases are certified organic (GOTS) and free from harmful chemicals (OEKO-TEX®).
- Inspire your nights (and days) with Modern Dane designs that evoke sun-drenched Nordic summers and lush, verdant forests. We pay homage to the Nordic landscape in all our designs.
- Be part of a centuries-old tradition of European textiles. Our pillowcases are woven and hand-sewn in Portugal, where textile craftsmanship dates to the 1700s.
Feel the Difference
> Shop now
|W x L (in)||TWIN||FULL/QUEEN||KING/CAL. KING|
68 X 86
88 X 90
107 X 92
|W x L x H (in)||FULL||QUEEN||KING||
| FITTED SHEETS
||54 X 75 X 16||60 X 80 X 16||76 X 80 X 16||72 X 84 X 16|
|W x L (in)||TWIN||FULL/QUEEN||KING/CAL. KING|
71 X 100
92 X 105
|110 X 105|
|W x L (in)||STANDARD||KING|
20 X 26
20 X 36
What Makes Us Different
Not all linen is created equal. While others may use flax grown in regions of the world that require heavy chemical inputs and aggressive irrigation, all of our bedding is certified under the EUROPEAN FLAX® label. This is your guarantee that our flax is fully traceable to linen's natural habitat in France, Belgium, and the Netherlands—also known as The Flax Belt. Flax grown in this region is naturally resistant to pests eliminating the need for pesticides, thrives on just the irrigation provided by natural rainfall, and produces the finest long-fiber flax stem in the world resulting in a softer, smoother, and more durable linen fabric. It is where quality meets sustainability—naturally.
- Our products are crafted with your well-being in mind. All of our bedding is certified under the GOTS® and OEKO-TEX® labels, which guarantees that what you sleep in is non-toxic, ethically manufactured under European fair labor laws, 100% European, certified organic, and fully traceable. We take our responsibility to both you and the planet seriously.
- We only sell directly to you, the customer, cutting out the retail and distribution middlemen that typically charge 50% or higher markups. This enables us to offer you linen bedding at a price and quality that traditional retailers simply cannot compete with. We put all of our efforts into providing you the highest quality, fully traceable, ethically sourced linen bedding at the best possible value to you.
- All of our bedding is hand-sewn by Portuguese craftspeople with a long heritage of manufacturing the highest quality European bedding. Great care is taken at every step from sowing the flax seed to putting the final bow on the package.
- As a Danish-owned company, we are guided by our Scandinavian values: Sustainability, high quality, attention to detail, respect for the raw material, and a belief that great design can improve our lives. All of our designs draw inspiration from the majestic Scandinavian nature and aim to bring a bit of its beauty into your bedroom.
- Taking care of our customers is our top priority. As a small business, we get to enjoy a personal connection with our customers, and we love nothing more than hearing from you (We are also convinced that we happen to have the best customers in the world!). We are always here to help you so please don't hesitate to contact us.
All the Little Details
- All of our products are made with a 165 GSM (grams per square meter) linen yarn, which we have found to strike just the right balance between durability and comfort and which also lends itself well to a year-round bedding fabric.
- Duvet covers have button closing (machine- and dryer-safe acrylics).
- Duvet covers have a 12" inside flap.
- Duvet covers have four inside corner-ties to secure the duvet.
- Pillowcases have a 1" decorative flange (no ruffles).
- Pillowcases are envelope style with a 15" inside flap.
Free Shipping & Returns
Free Shipping: We offer free ground shipping on all orders to the US and CA. See our Shipping Policy page for details and other options.
100 Days Full Return Rights: Linen gets softer with every wash. We are confident that once you fully experience the exquisite softness of our top-quality linen, you'll never want to sleep in anything else! For that reason, we want you to have the opportunity to live with your new organic linen bedding long enough for its true qualities to fully emerge, which is why we offer a full 100 days return right. To learn more, see our Refunds and Returns Policy.
HOW OUR ORGANIC LINEN IS GROWN
ALL COMFORT, NO GUILT
The only water our organic European flax needs is provided by rainfall saving 100 billion gallons of water annually over cotton farming - or what New York City uses in 470 years.
The transformation of flax into linen is an entirely mechanical process performed by highly skilled craftsmen using no chemicals.
Flax is naturally resistant to pests and requires zero pesticide or defoliants and five times less fertilizer than cotton.
Certified European flax is guaranteed to be GMO-free, a commitment signed by all our growers as part of the European Flax Charter.
Every year, the growing of flax in Europe captures 330,000 tons of CO2 from the atmosphere.